We didn’t just suddenly find the reins of governance in Our Hands. We gradually Evolved in the skills it takes to govern, govern well and govern ever Better. We learned these skills through trial and error and test and success. Each “error” being picked through for anything useful and savable and each “success” becoming a foundation upon which to build more and more useful governance practice structures.
We started this superior decision making process by finding and reaching out to each other and experimenting with ways to involve each other in the processes of considering and deciding on Our Collective and Individual needs…as a social construct. We worked hard to develop “Fairness Skills” as We encountered and examined opposing and diverse viewpoints among Us, in Our Deliberations. We (most of Us) have gotten pretty good at “walking a mile in each other’s moccasins”.
We got busy in Our Workbook. Manage Categories ‹ Paths Of New Tribalism — WordPress.com
Gradually We grew strong in assigning various Ideological (Sociological?) dogmas the important role of being proposal ground structures from which to select the more Just and “Workable” Ideas that could be balanced and well compromised with. Party dogma, found in their platforms, represents pieces of the Living Puzzle, that is combined skillfully with the glue of experimental compromise (giving new combinations a try … with the understanding that tweaks and adjustments will follow…guided by the basic “Standards Of Decency” that We have reasoned out.) Needless to say, these “Standards Of Decency” were the first Work We The People undertook in Our Collective Governance. (I am ready to begin the grinding, but satisfying Work of building these “Standards Of Decency” in another section of this blog site.)
We learned that, in Human Society, it was a valuable rarity for consensus (General Agreement – almost 100%) to develop around principles, concepts and proposals that came up, as We made the effort to improve upon the Ways Our Nation does things. We celebrate such exemplary occurrences of Consensus and make these central and foundational, to Our Self Governance designs and structures. Our many compromises are forged in Honor of these Rare Births of General Agreement.
We searched for aspects of Governance Education that would make Us Better Governance Participants…realizing and understanding, that Our Species does produce Individual Good Hearts and Minds that manage to envision potentials, possibilities and desirability, of Superior Moral Living within Social Governance and actually succeed in making these insights available to Us. These Great Minds of How We Can Make Ourselves Better, have left a precious gift for Us. A Treasure of Truly Superior Thought that has been left along the Trails of History for Our Discovery and Utilization. We need only find these treasures and try to understand them, as We become a Better Sovereign People.
The Philosophers that advocated Democracy (Especially “Direct Democracy”) were focused on, but were allowed to be challenged by Others that promoted Other Governance and Cultural designs. We realized that no Philosophy, or theory of Governance, can endure and serve if it cannot withstand the challenges of other ways of doing things. The “challenges” are the tests of strength and Rightness of a Good Direct Democracy.
We are Wise enough to make good use of Truths and partial Truths, that can be found in just about all of the alternate Cultural, Social and Economic designs that have been Lived, and/or proposed, through the ages.
We quickly realized that Our Sacred Golden Rule was the foremost precept to come to Us from many of the more successful religions and Socialism…which have always been about more benefit to More of Us…The Family of CREATOR and the Family of Humanity. If there is a Basic Standard more valuable that the “Golden Rule”, We want to know about it:
“The Golden Rule is the principle of treating others as one wants to be treated. It is a maxim that is found in most religions and cultures. It can be considered an ethic of reciprocity in some religions, although different religions treat it differently.
The maxim may appear as a positive or negative injunction governing conduct:
- Treat others as you would like others to treat you (positive or directive form)
- Do not treat others in ways that you would not like to be treated (negative or prohibitive form)
- What you wish upon others, you wish upon yourself (empathetic or responsive form)
The idea dates at least to the early Confucian times (551–479 BCE), according to Rushworth Kidder, who identifies the concept appearing prominently in Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and “the rest of the world’s major religions”. 143 leaders of the world’s major faiths endorsed the Golden Rule as part of the 1993 “Declaration Toward a Global Ethic”. According to Greg M. Epstein, it is “a concept that essentially no religion misses entirely”, but belief in God is not necessary to endorse it. Simon Blackburn also states that the Golden Rule can be “found in some form in almost every ethical tradition.”
Note: Way beyond what We have detected and verified in Urth Human History, the “Golden Rule” is a Universal Given for all Thought Creatures, that have not rebelled against CREATOR.
We early decided that We would rid Ourselves of the sickness and pain that came from “poverty”. We got rid of “poverty”…we’re Working successfully on “sickness” and “pain”. Everyone was guaranteed, by Most of Us, just enough income to buy adequate shelter, food, water, medical care, “green” transportation and Good Basic Education. no one is allowed to fall below this basic social standard…except for accommodation for the New Nomadism who choose Life upon Hoof, or Wheel. The Nomads have the same basic needs as We do. They just have more Movement in their Lives. One might say they are “rooted in Movement”.
With Our Golden Rule always guiding Us, (See our Governance Work Section in this blogsite.) We developed Standards of Decency to further guide Us in the design of Our Direct Democracy Way Of Governance.
W sought, found and studied the best aspects and elements of Citizen Education.
We learned “Sensemaking” from Daniel Schmachtenberger who :
“… is a founding member of The Consilience Project, aimed at improving public sensemaking and dialogue.
The throughline of his interests has to do with ways of improving the health and development of individuals and society, with a virtuous relationship between the two as a goal.
Towards these ends, he’s had particular interest in the topics of catastrophic and existential risk, civilization and institutional decay and collapse as well as progress, collective action problems, social organization theories, and the relevant domains in philosophy and science.
Motivated by the belief that advancing collective intelligence and capacity is foundational to the integrity of any civilization, and necessary to address the unique risks we currently face given the intersection of globalization and exponential technology, he has spoken publicly on many of these topics, hoping to popularize and deepen important conversations and engage more people in working towards their solutions. Many of these can be found at http://civilizationemerging.com/media/
We made His course “Sensemaking 101” the first step toward Educating Ourselves for Direct Democracy Governance.
Then, We added to that, the best Professional and Established, Civics and Philosophy courses, We could find.
Then the Morality Studies. We embraced the Idea of becoming the best Moral Beings that We could be. Our Virtues increased, as our vices decreased. Enough of Us has achieved a High State of Moral Self Mastery, that Guidance and Observation Ambassadors from the “Midwayers’ and “Angels” have contacted Us and sit in Our Gatherings of Governance Deliberations.
Individual by Individual, Our powers of Thought grew. Our Collective Evolution, as the best developed components of a Truly Great Governance Design became Our New Reality. The driving essence of the New Us is to never stop Learning…and becoming More and Better.
It is 2077. 97% of Our Population is qualified and active in Our Direct Democracy. Again, Our Nation, is seen as a Leader in the Betterment of Humanity of Urth.
We have rewarded those of Us who have achieved these Educational Masteries with Two Votes per Individual…per accomplished Individual…”The DeCi” (Dedicated Citizen)
The “DeCi” that achieve strong service to Our Nation and become of the “Governance Advisors” are rewarded with Three Votes. These could be called “VarHoVar”… “Volunteer Advisory Representatives for the Volunteer Advisory House Of Representatives” .
The “Volunteer Advisors Of The National Senate” might be called “VaNs”? They could have Three Votes each also.
That which has been judged Worthy, has been brought forth. The roots of Our Goodness are deep.
Much of that which had been failing (becoming less) has been given New Life and Strength and now is a thing of immense fresh value in Our Nation:
(1) Christianity has shed its decay, made for Itself a New Body and has risen to reinforce and lead the way to a Truly Greater Nation. It is no longer “the Religion about Jesus”, but the “Religion OF Jesus”. Exciting ZEAL Of Love and Giving, is its contribution to Our Great New Nation. It still has It’s “Holy Bible”, but this Sacred Work is foundational to the discovery and Revelation of other written Spiritual Works by Man and Angel.
(2) Capitalism has shed its fears and has transformed Itself, into a Way of Prosperity for Most Of Us…instead of a few of Us. It now almost always chooses Humanity over profit. The Mammonite Cult is dead. Evil Men hide until they are found. We have become sensitized to their “darkness” and no longer allow them to do the harm that they do.
(3) The United Nations is now Truly That. There has not been armed conflict, of any size, for 37 years now. The poverty that caused banditry, crime, rebellion and revolution is gone. There is always a splendid choice of ways to prosper and celebrate Life and Living for almost everyone. Those that just don’t “get it” are becoming fewer and fewer and they are cared for and kept out of trouble.
(4) Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons of mass destruction have been eradicated. “Wars” are fought strictly in cyber space. Weapons use has become powerful sport. The shooting contests and recognitions, are many. No need to kill…to violate the “6th Commandment”…to stain One’s Soul.
(5) Through universal adoption and use of “Green Technology” and Population Control, “Global Warming” has been curtailed and Our World is healing. The Deserts are shrinking, the Forests are returning and the Seas are becoming clean again. Ice again brightens the Poles of Our Planet. Humanity sends the needed rain (and Snow) wherever it is required. All Plastics are recyclable and recycled. None finds its way into Our Lands and Oceans. The Cities are producing their own food supply. Gardening, in increasing Wilderness, is becoming a very satisfying hobby. We had no Idea, how Good Life could be!
CREATOR looks toward Our Little Corner of CREATION and Feels Delight.